Mock Exams January 2024
Dear Parent(s) / Carer
Year 11 Mock Examinations - Monday 15th January to Friday 26th January 2024
I am pleased to be able to share with you the final details of the mock exams that your daughter will complete during the January mock exam period. These mock exams are an important part of the work that your daughter is completing to prepare for their GCSE Summer examinations. At Bolton Muslim Girls’ School we want to ensure that your daughter is fully prepared for the summer examinations, and we hope that you will support us in delivering a successful mock examination period. Your daughter will receive a seating plan week commencing 8th January.
The MFL mock speaking exams will take place from the 29th of January to the 16th of February, your subject teacher will inform you of your exam date and time.
These mock exams will ensure that your daughter fully understands the formal JCQ examination regulations, and how GCSE exams will run. They will also enable learners to practice their revision techniques, and the feedback they receive from these mock exams will indicate where learners need to focus their revision on. These examinations will provide your daughter’s teachers with a clear indication of where they may need additional support to be able to achieve their full potential during the summer 2024 exam period. You can find the mock exam timetable attached which shows all written exams which will take place during the mock period.
Throughout the academic year we promote the importance of attendance to all our learners. During this mock examination period it is critical that year 11 learners attend school on time each day. Appointments should not be made during the exam period. Preparation and understanding of key concepts will benefit in succeeding in the summer examinations and will promote success in their future.
Expectations from the Learners
- Make sure you arrive to school on time as examinations will commence promptly at 8.15am. Learners who do not have an exam will go to normal timetabled lessons.
- Must always remain in silence in the examination room and must not attempt to communicate with any other learner.
- Leave all belongings in the marquee in the row area marked. We recommend your daughter does not carry and valuable items as any items lost will be the responsibility of the learner.
- Must carry the correct stationery for all exams including calculators and Maths stationery.
- Line up under the canopy in row order.
- Learners must not carry an electronic device - this includes mobile phones, headphones, and watches, alternatively, she will need to hand them in at the beginning of each exam.
- Learners must only have a transparent water bottle or pencil case.
These are the basic expectations of JCQ (Joint Council for Qualifications). It is important that learners experience the same conditions during mock examinations, so they are familiar with them, and gain confidence and resilience tackling some relatively long papers.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me via email email@example.com or contact me on 01204 361103 if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs R Mogra
Exams, Data & Assessment Manager