Leading Parent Partnership Award
LEADING PARENT PARTNERSHIP AWARD (LPPA)
What is the Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA)?
The Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA) is a nationally recognised award achievable by schools who deliver effective parental engagement. We started our journey to achieve the award back in 2017 and we have reflected upon and sought to develop further our work with parents ever since. We aim for the way we work with families, the way we communicate with families and the way we engage with families to go from strength to strength. Alhamdolillah we were awarded the LPPA Award in September 2019 and we are committed to continue to honour the award and strive to develop our parent partnership.
What did the school have to do to achieve the award?
The school had to work towards meeting nine evidence based objectives:
1. demonstrate a commitment to work towards achieving the LPPA
2. make and implement effective plans to achieve and maintain the LPPA
3. show the school is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents
4. promote the awareness and participation of all groups of parents/carers in supporting their children’s learning and developing their own learning. In addition, the school holds and actively promotes a programme of opportunities and events for joint parent and child participation
5. provide a good induction for all new parents/carers
6. provide parents/carers with relevant and user-friendly guidance and information to help them to support their children’s learning
7. produce and implement parent-friendly policies to establish effective home–school links and to improve children’s attendance, punctuality, progress and positive participation in school
8. provide good support for all parents as their children move through or leave the school
9. summarise achievements against the LPPA Objectives and outline future plans
What can you do to help us develop our parent partnership?
· Read all newsletters and publicity we send out
· Come along to our events if you can
· Complete any questionnaires or surveys we send out as honestly as you can.
· Come and speak with us directly if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions
To read our LPPA report please clcik here.